Brand New To Bmw's/brand New Member - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:36 AM
n00b
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
casaleenie is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I've got the bug to buy a 2001 Roadster M with the 333HP engine but not exactly sure what model # that is. I've run across M models that claim 315 HP but none that specifically claim 333HP. From what I've been able to find out is that they only built that engine for 18 months back in 2001.
I'd appreciate any help because to be honest I'm not exactly sure of what I'm looking for.

regards,
casaleenie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:48 AM
n00b
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
casaleenie is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I wanted something that had all the creature comforts with some acceleration and something that my wife could drive. Never driven a Z car but I'm sure I'd be happy with it. It's either a BMW Roadster or a new Vette... Personally I think she'd prefer the BMW. I can't believe what BMW gets for a five year old car. I'm impressed with the resale..
casaleenie is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 AM
5th Gear Member
 
'89 635 csi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'89 635 csi is an unknown quantity at this point
Don"t know anything about the M roadster, but to BMW-Forums!

Dave G.
'89 635csi
'86 528e - Sold
'84 528e - Soon to be 533i
'96 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
OO=[][]=OO
'89 635 csi is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
longster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie@Dec 14 2004, 09:36 AM
I've got the bug to buy a 2001 Roadster M with the 333HP engine but not exactly sure what model # that is.* I've run across M models that claim 315 HP but none that specifically claim 333HP.* From what I've been able to find out is that they only built that engine for 18 months back in 2001.*
I'd appreciate any help* because to be honest I'm not exactly sure of what I'm looking for.*

regards,
[snapback]250154[/snapback]
2001 m3 roadster version had 333hp so buy it and have fun you ll look great in it.
longster is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:34 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
longster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie@Dec 14 2004, 09:48 AM
I wanted something that had all the creature comforts with some acceleration and something that my wife could drive. Never driven a Z car but I'm sure I'd be happy with it. It's either a BMW Roadster or a new Vette... Personally I think she'd prefer the BMW. I can't believe what BMW gets for a five year old car. I'm impressed with the resale..
[snapback]250155[/snapback]
Vettes definitely not a slouch when it comes to looks performance and not at all least of allwhen it comes to resale . It sure does hold its value.
longster is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member
 
Team Perfect Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Team Perfect Line is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought the roadster had a 315 orsepower engine while the M3 in 2001 had a 333 horsepower engine?

Perfect Line

Team <span style='color:blue'>Perfect Line</span>
<span style='color:blue'>e46 M3 | e36 328i | e36 M3 | 04 Mini Cooper S | s14 240sx | FD RX-7 | 93 mr2t | 03 G35C | 04 RSX | 03 RSX | 2.2L s2000 | 05 Evo MR</span>

<img src='http://server2.uploadit.org/files/MpowerBMW-TPLsig.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Team Perfect Line is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 11:22 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
longster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Perfect Line@Dec 30 2004, 12:44 AM
I thought the roadster had a 315 orsepower engine while the M3 in 2001 had a 333 horsepower engine?

Perfect Line
[snapback]260745[/snapback]
there is no m3 roadster it was a typo z3 roadsterhas 215 hp while m3 series has 333 hp.
longster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Find A Member? longpole938 3-Series (E21, E30) 0 06-02-2005 10:24 PM
Member Of #### takaaco 3-Series (E21, E30) 3 09-25-2004 12:10 AM
Member Title SHAHAB323IS Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help 3 09-15-2004 10:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome