Bmw V12 Into Series 3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2005, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Denv12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw an article in a BMW magazine where a V12 was fitted into a series 3.It was about 6 years ago.It was a good story and several photos.If you see a website ot an article please let me know.

Thanks.
Denv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Denv12@Mar 6 2005, 02:05 AM
I saw an article in a BMW magazine where a V12 was fitted into a series 3.It was about 6 years ago.It was a good story and several photos.If you see a website ot an article please let me know.

Thanks.
[snapback]304798[/snapback]
impossible.....
Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
I have some pics of a v12 in a e30 body style 3 series. Ill dig them out and post them.
Nothing is impossible!

DT

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
dig dig dig....you Dirty Tool! :P
and then post 'em up....

this i must see...

thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I think the magazine is made in the UK and is called:

"BMW Car".

Its a monthly magazine.The issue was back around 1996-97 and I think the magazine had the idea of using the smallest BMW with the biggest engine.The story and photos are interesting.It looks stock on the inside and the outside.

Can anyone remember the article and the name of the magazine?

If you do have the photos please share them here.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I just contacted the magazine via their website and hopefully I will get a reply and let you all know what issue it was in.

If anyone finds the article in the mean time please let everyone know.Thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Denv12@Mar 6 2005, 08:46 PM
I think the magazine is made in the UK and is called:

"BMW Car".

Its a monthly magazine.The issue was back around 1996-97 and I think the magazine had the idea of using the smallest BMW with the biggest engine.The story and photos are interesting.It looks stock on the inside and the outside.

Can anyone remember the article and the name of the magazine?

If you do have the photos please share them here.
[snapback]305263[/snapback]
okay...i see this in Barnes and Nobles all the time...i'll check it out
Old 03-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
<pic removed>quote=Delmarco,Mar 6 2005, 05:27 PM]dig dig dig....you Dirty Tool! :P
and then post 'em up....

this i must see...

thanks.
[snapback]305166[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok I found 1!!
I think i have 2-3 more on my laptop at work. Dont remember where I got them from...somewhere on the net a couple years back. Ill post the rest from work on Tues. when I go in. *if the pic doesnt load go to http://dtbmw.com/pics/e30-v12.jpg

DT

Old 03-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
link no workie!!!

Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
sorry try it now

Old 03-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
my god! how is that possible, PHOTOSHOP!?

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
TMac325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by TMac325is@Mar 6 2005, 07:38 PM
[snapback]305333[/snapback]
No if you look at the other pics you will see its not photoshop. Whoever did it did an amazing job. All the bracketry and everything looks top notch.

DT

P.S does the picture show up in post or do you have to click the weblink to view it?

Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty_Tool+Mar 6 2005, 09:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dirty_Tool @ Mar 6 2005, 09:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TMac325is@Mar 6 2005, 07:38 PM
No if you look at the other pics you will see its not photoshop. Whoever did it did an amazing job. All the bracketry and everything looks top notch.

DT

P.S does the picture show up in post or do you have to click the weblink to view it?
[snapback]305339[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
no the picture doesnt show...but the link works....

however the link is only to one picture....where are the others...

BTW...that is interesting I'd like to see how that car drives....I'm assuming the fuel lines and tank and the cooling system has to be modified as well just so that engine could perform normaly!

it's like BMW Frankenstien!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco+Mar 6 2005, 08:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delmarco @ Mar 6 2005, 08:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty_Tool@Mar 6 2005, 09:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TMac325is
Quote:
@Mar 6 2005, 07:38 PM

DT

[snapback]305339[/snapback]
no the picture doesnt show...but the link works....

however the link is only to one picture....where are the others...

BTW...that is interesting I'd like to see how that car drives....I'm assuming the fuel lines and tank and the cooling system has to be modified as well just so that engine could perform normaly!

it's like BMW Frankenstien!!!
[snapback]305380[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

I said in my other post that the other pics are on my laptop which is at work. I think i have 2 more is all. Ill post them on tues when i get back to work.
DT

Old 03-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Italian Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Italian Saint
Holy God that would be a fun ride!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper