Bmw 735 E32 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bazil is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Please if anyone has an advice for the following problem that occured in my 735 /1990 :

it starts with the EML light which came on for few seconds and then goes off and nothing happens. But today ,after the EML lamp went on , the car starts to accelerate - 7000 rpm while in first or second gear ( it's automatic ) , the brake pedal was very hard and I had to take her out to Neutral to be able to stop. Then the engine stops and couldnt start again. After about 10-15 minutes start it again and I was able to take her home.
Anyone any ideea ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Do not know about the EML and runaway acceleration but as to the brake pedal being hard (like stepping on a rock), if you have the hydraulic braking system (il models) the brake accumulator or bomb as we call it has failed, initial braking in a panic situatrion gives you a hard pedal and scares the pee out of you, releasing pedal and re-applying gives normal braking. If this is your case, replacing the bomb will take care of the braking situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper