Anti-theft Advise For A Z3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Faith is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 1999 z3 and my son was trying to learn how to drive a 5 speed. He stalled out the car 2 times and now it won't start. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I think the anti-theft system kicked in and I can't find anyone to help me override the anti-theft system. I brought it to a shop and they are clueless. BMW dealers have no idea what an anti-theft system is! Please help. Email me at luistro714@aol.com. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
BMW dealers have no idea what an anti-theft system is! Please help

This is amazing!!
billB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by billB@Apr 19 2005, 06:22 PM

This is amazing!!
[snapback]335129[/snapback]
Well they certainly should....
The Z3 did not come from the factory with an anti-theft system but there is a factory add on system avail through BMW. It is an alpine system. Now there is the EWS (driveawayprotection) system which all 1999 BMW's have which involves the transponder chip in the key. Regardless, niether system could have "kicked in" by stalling the car a few times so I think the problem lies elsewhere. The only Thing I can think of that could of possibly been caused by stalling is a flooded engine. If that is the case then the car may start after sitting for awhile or you may have to remove the spark plugs and clean or replace them. Cant think of anything else that stalling the vehicle coud have caused, it may be something non-related and just a coincidence.

DT

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tacroteau can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to tacroteau
Can we get some more info on the "not starting"? What is it doing when you turn the key? Is the engine turning over, but wont start, do you just get a click', or nothing at all. What lights up on the dash?
tacroteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by tacroteau@Apr 20 2005, 07:05 AM
Can we get some more info on the "not starting"? What is it doing when you turn the key? Is the engine turning over, but wont start, do you just get a click', or nothing at all. What lights up on the dash?
[snapback]335289[/snapback]
Thanks for replying. When I try to start the car, it cranks up almost to start up and never completes the mission. I've tried everything I've been told from different BMW dealers, garage folks,etc,...car is still sitting since Saturday. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Faith at luistro714@aol.com
Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty_Tool+Apr 19 2005, 08:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dirty_Tool @ Apr 19 2005, 08:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-billB@Apr 19 2005, 06:22 PM

This is amazing!!
[snapback]335129[/snapback]
Well they certainly should....
The Z3 did not come from the factory with an anti-theft system but there is a factory add on system avail through BMW. It is an alpine system. Now there is the EWS (driveawayprotection) system which all 1999 BMW's have which involves the transponder chip in the key. Regardless, niether system could have "kicked in" by stalling the car a few times so I think the problem lies elsewhere. The only Thing I can think of that could of possibly been caused by stalling is a flooded engine. If that is the case then the car may start after sitting for awhile or you may have to remove the spark plugs and clean or replace them. Cant think of anything else that stalling the vehicle coud have caused, it may be something non-related and just a coincidence.

No one at BMW know or will tell me how to fix it, so I might have to tow it to a dealer which will be very expensive. I've tried to let it sit, because we thought it might be a flooded, but it sat overnight and nothing, plus, we smell no gas. I'm stuck!

DT
[snapback]335146[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper