Adaptive or Dynamic Drive? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 728iA -97
Photos:
AlliumPorrum is on a distinguished road
Adaptive or Dynamic Drive?

I'm considering to buy a 730D facelift, and I just can't decide between a model with Adaptive Drive or a model with Sport package. If I've understood correctly, Sport- model if always equipped with Dynamic Drive to give a bit more comfort for it also.

AD version would give a bit more comfy ride, but Sport should be better on handling and I really like the looks of it and Sport seats and all other little bonuses.

So, all pros and cons between these two choices are very welcome! Which one would you choose and why? Is there a big difference on riding quality or noise level between them? AD version has some more neat technology on the suspension etc., so is it more expensive to maintain, or are there any other points to consider??

BTW, if I've also understood correctly, basic E65 does not have a DD. So, is there really much difference between a basic E65 and a Sport version with DD, if we think about the level of comfortableness??
AlliumPorrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 98,328i
Photos:
jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
comfortableness?? mmmmmmmmmmm you go to school boy? In fact i note that English presents you with a problem,aaaaa Americans eh!
jimmythepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Isn't it a word at all..? ;=)

I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm from Finland so it isn't my native language. Hope you get the point anyway...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliumPorrum View Post
Isn't it a word at all..? ;=)

I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm from Finland so it isn't my native language. Hope you get the point anyway...
The word as you have in context would simply be 'comfort' Usually, the sport models have stiffer, less comfort in the ride.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
Usually, the sport models have stiffer, less comfort in the ride.
Well sure, I realize that. But how much in this case? DD usually gives much more comfortable ride than without it, but how's the case when we have DD AND stiffer suspension, compared to the basic suspension without DD? Or compared to the version with AD?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
I'm quite sure you're likely to find the sport models a very nice ride.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper