94 730i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
redmondp is an unknown quantity at this point
Did a oil change two months ago. Have been checking the oil level on a weekly basis since oil change. Yesterday I checked and its down a quart and a half. Where did the oil go. No wet spots on garage floor. No smoke coming from tailpipe. How could this happen. I have no history on the car and have owned it since November of 04. Are these cars known to use oil.
redmondp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Hey: See that nice 730i in the pic. Well, I need to know where the oil is going. I don't care about new sevens or leakie roofs and window. Just want to know where the oil is going and is it normal. By the way, this site sucks. I never seem to get a response. This is my wife's car and I don't want her to get stranded on the side of the road. I got a 2005 Harley Heritage Classic and could give two shits about the BMW but, it's my wife's and I have to. If you don't want to help hell I will go somewhere else. By the way. I could buy any BMW over here for much less then you are all paying in the states. Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
'89 635 csi is an unknown quantity at this point
How can you get mad at us if we don't know the answer to your question?!
And if you don't care about your wifes Bimmer then you should trade it in on something else!
'84 528e - Soon to be 533i
'96 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
OO=[][]=OO
'89 635 csi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Well, at least I got a reply. But, to tell you the truth. There are some good techs. on this site and have answered some strong questions in the past. This one sounds simple, yes? Just looking for an answer. I just can't see how it's down so much oil in short period of time with no tell tale marks anywere. Good to here a shout from Texas being that's our home, in Tyler. Will be back in the States this summer for a few months. Have not been home since 1999. Thanks 89 635 csi
Old 04-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Car: turbo 325is, 325es, Audi a4 turbo
Photos:
nukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
Quote:
Originally posted by redmondp@Apr 28 2005, 05:34 AM
Well, at least I got a reply. But, to tell you the truth. There are some good techs. on this site and have answered some strong questions in the past. This one sounds simple, yes? Just looking for an answer. I just can't see how it's down so much oil in short period of time with no tell tale marks anywere. Good to here a shout from Texas being that's our home, in Tyler. Will be back in the States this summer for a few months. Have not been home since 1999. Thanks 89 635 csi
[snapback]338733[/snapback]
No one helps people who ask stupid questions, least of all whom are pretentious assholes. "Where is the oil that used to be in my car that isnt there anymore?!?"

any of 3 things happend:
1. it burned off
2. it leaked out
3. youre a moron
Old 05-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by nukeduster+Apr 28 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nukeduster @ Apr 28 2005, 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-redmondp@Apr 28 2005, 05:34 AM
[snapback]338733[/snapback]
No one helps people who ask stupid questions, least of all whom are pretentious assholes. "Where is the oil that used to be in my car that isnt there anymore?!?"

any of 3 things happend:
1. it burned off
2. it leaked out
3. youre a moron
[snapback]338781[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Nukeduster. "least of all whom are pretentious assholes. "Where is the oil that used to be in my car that isnt there anymore?!?"

I think I covered all the places the oil could have gone in my questions. Maybe the sun in your part of the world is getting a littlte to hot for you head. Chill out and cool off. By the way, what qualifies you to call me a pretentious asshole. I am just concerned about my better half being broke down on the bahn. If you have anything to say to help then fine. Otherwise, keep your IMHO to yourself. 53 years on this earth and still running into the likes of yourself.
That will do here. Thank you.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Acarguy is an unknown quantity at this point
hey did acount for the new filter and oil cooler when you put the oil change in or even run the engine after you put your oil in, then check it. or did you just put the new oil then have your wife use the car, then when time came to put gas in you finly checked the oil. HUmmmmmmmm.
Acarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper