850Ci 1991 - Electrical Problem? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 11:27 PM
jtk
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jtk is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have a 1991 850 CI with 79,000 miles on it. Recently I have had a malfunction where the windows, wipers, signals, ect. stopped. The car would start but nothing else would operate. I turned the car off and got out and heard a clicking noise. After a while the noise stopped; however, the fuel pump must have continued to pump because I could smell gas. Has anyone else had this problem? I took it to the dealer, they said the problem would have to duplicate in order for them to correct it. I have a couple small issues with the windows since, but not to the severity of this particular instance.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 12:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Balucanb is an unknown quantity at this point
John,
I have never owned a 850 (wonderful car though) however most BMW's that I have owned have electrical issues at one point or the other. I would check all the basic things first like your fuses and relays, then I would move on to tracing wires looking for a short or place that maybe a fusible link burned up. Good luck

A tip for the Girls........
If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.
My Pictures
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=256629' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...?page_id=256629</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper