8 Series Stumble - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
slickone is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Recently bought an 850ci. Engine stumbles durin acceleration, as if it's running on only one bank of 6 cylinders, then the other 6 kick-in. Checked the usual things, plugs, wires etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
n00b

jccars is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, i've just seen your posting, i've had the same problem on my own car for ages, after doing the same things you've done including a full sytems wipe and re program we found that all the faults had been caused by blocked cats, only last week we took the cats off and now the car runs like a dream, with no fault codes at all.

i can't be sure its the same problem but the car will run fine without the cats as all the oxygen sensors are pre cat, its got to be worth a shot.

if you have any questions get back to me

kind regards jason
#3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 PM
n00b

slickone is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by jccars@Mar 4 2005, 12:04 PM
hi, i've just seen your posting, i've had the same problem on my own car for ages, after doing the same things you've done including a full sytems wipe and re program we found that all the faults had been caused by blocked cats, only last week we took the cats off and now the car runs like a dream, with no fault codes at all.

i can't be sure its the same problem but the car will run fine without the cats as all the oxygen sensors are pre cat, its got to be worth a shot.

if you have any questions get back to me

kind regards jason
[snapback]303788[/snapback]

Thanks, Jason. I'll give your suggestion a try. I'll let you know if it works.

Best regards,
Jerry
#4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:07 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Check for intake leaks, the intake blocks on those cars commonly leak. If 1 of the fuel pumps is inop it could cause 1 bank to go down also. Are you sure 1 bank is really going down? Is the check engine lamp coming on?

DT

DT

#5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

bryan1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
another common problem with the 5.0 V12's is the throttle bodies crapping out. just hope thast not it they are super expencive. i think either both or one is like about a grand! take it to the dealer so they can check the faults in the computer. one way to check if a cat is bad is if it rattles. if you hit it with like your hand or something and it rattles then replace it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper