8 Series Custom Gauges - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

View Poll Results: Which cluster would you buy of these 4?
Option 1 2 40.00%
Option 2 1 20.00%
Option 3 2 40.00%
Option 4 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Pandemonium Director

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
(Thread Starter)
8 Series Custom Gauges

Hey all, I started this on another forum but wanted to make it available to any werkz people who may happen to own an e31 as well.

This whole project is about 4 weeks out as we speak. I need input on what people would want if I were to offer this as a kit.

I made 4 quick mockups of possibilities. Two feature black backgrounds, 2 feature e39 m5 style gray backgrounds.

The first two are just based off the stock speedo, cleaned up a bit, kph removed, and moved to a 270 degree style speedo up to 220mph.

The last two are based off the e39 M5 speedo, again kph removed, 220mph speedo, and adapted to the correct positioning of the e31 cluster.

These are quick mockups and by no means 100% an end product.

Pricing would be in the neighborhood of $200-300 depending on # of interested people. I am investing my own personal money in this project because its something I want to do, I don't do this for a living, though the person I am having do the actual cluster cutting and fitting and final gauge cluster look does.

Option 1.

Option 2.

Option 3.

Option 4.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
I like 3 it flows the best and I like the black bg

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
I like the contrast of the black background in #1 as well as the more easily readable guages with the rings better delineated and the redline shown. Have you considered adding an Oil Temp gauge to this cluster since many performance Bimmers have this feature?? Good luck with you project!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Well, kinda went with "none of the above"
Its a mix between the stock cluster, and my love for chronographs.

Here is the final "rough draft" as it was sent to the fabricator to make. It'll have accurate mph markers, though the final might only go to 200mph depending on the lighting available which will be better understood once the cluster is completely apart in pieces.

Here it is:

Last edited by nukeduster; 09-02-2009 at 01:34 AM.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Pandemonium Director

(Thread Starter)
To those of you who care, and don't follow the thread in bimmerforums, the design is complete. Still working out a few bugs with lighting, but here she is...

My gauge cluster lens is scratched up, so it makes it look a bit fuzzy in the photo. But it sure does look pretty IMHO. Mostly because I designed it.

#6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Cool

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper