740il Ignition Switch? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 04:59 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mickerbimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have been having some binding from my spare key in the ignition switch. I was getting on the freeway and a neg G situation on the onramp almost made the car get airborne. The display indicated my remote had a low battery then the car shut down but only once I came to a complete stop. I have gas in the car, the lights work, but the console is completely dead. I insert the key, no power, no dash lights, nothing but one button on the stereo will light up the area to reprogram the clock and after seven inputs turns off. Anything that needs the key on to operate like the windows is just dead as turning the key results in nothing. The battery is two weeks old and I checked fuses front and rear and can't detect any blown. I recently eliminated the stock fan and switched to an electric with thermostat set for 185 degress. It seems I can't get the cooling system completely burped or if it is full, it still wants to spew the water even though the temp. guage shows normal. Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bad man working is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at the battery connection from front to rear or the ignition switch its self
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper