BMW Werkz banner

635csi

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DBA-ONE 
#1 ·
I have been looking for the right 635csi for a long time. I have found what maybe
a neat find. The car is a 1985 very low mileage of about 40,000 miles. It belonged to a rich guy with six or seven other cars. The car still has the orginal metric wheels and orginal tires. The exterior shows like new as well as the interior. Everything is stock on the car. The car has had a lot of the rubber hoses, etc replaced in the last year. Would I be better off buying a car with a little more use and perhaps not have to worry about dryrot and seals etc. This there anything in particular I should be concerned about with this car? By the way the car is a beautiful black on black with an auto transmission. I would prefer a stick but can't have everything. Thanks for any opinions

#3 ·
It sounds like the owner took care of it and had a lot of things replaced last year. It sounds like it has been loved. If he has a stack of bills and the car passes inspection I would buy it. Good examples of these cars are getting harder to come by and at those miles someone will snap it up. Even most M6 cars I've seen for sale latley have over 100k miles. This sounds like a total gem.

40K miles sounds real nice to me. I've bought an older car with low miles only to find it still needed a lot of things so I can understand where you are coming fro on that. However, if the owner has a lot of other cars perhaps he still takes good care of them even though he doesn't drive them a lot. If you see the rest of his cars and they are all as nice as this one sounds that should put you at ease.

If you don't buy it, post the info for the seller. I bet there are plenty who would love to have this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.