BMW Werkz banner

Looking to buy

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vwtourbus 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy a 91 735i with 200k. I have seen the consumer reports on it and am not sure what the common failure of "heater box" might be or how to check to see if that is a problem in this one. It seems to be a pricey fix and I dont want to get stung. The current owner says the previous owner put in a rebuilt trans so I hope that is a good sign. The owner says the engine is still strong, it has the inline 6. Fully loaded, he is willing to negotiat the price. Ebay doesnt have much but 2500 seems fair to me. Any ideas anyone?

#2 ·
I bought a 92 735I with 212k on the clock and it has not let me down in almost 10k. It still runs very strong with no problems. I dont know about the heater box problem. The only problem Im haveing is with the ac controls. The buttons stick and sometimes wont stay pushed in but that i can live with. I only payed $1800 for mine with hood dents so $2500 sounds good. Good luck. I love this car.:rule

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.