2006 650i and iPhone 3gs interface issues ??!? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
carvakaguru is on a distinguished road
Question 2006 650i and iPhone 3gs interface issues ??!?

Just bought a 2006 650i and am loving it. The car has a ipod/iphone interface wire in the glove compartment so I assumed that I would be able to listen to music from my iphone through the iDrive system.

Well I can't figure out how to get it working. I called up a bmw service agent and he said that this will work only on earlier generations ipods but not on the iphone or nano. Also that on the iDrive the ipod interface is accessible through the CD option.

I don't understand this, I found many 650i owners (on the web) who were raving about how well the iphone works with their 2006 650i while the bmw service agent said that its just not possible.

Please help ? I hope I am simply missing something, I'd hate it if I can't listen to my music on the iphone. The car has a 6 cd changer but it has been a long time since I have used CDs and I hope I don't have to burn a bunch to just listen to music. That would totally suck !!!

Any insight would be really helpful.
carvakaguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper