2005 X5 And Bluetooth - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tomsawyer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
2005 X5 And Bluetooth

I have Verizon service and just purchased a Motorola v710 Bluetooth phone for my 05 X5.

Easily enough, I got the phone and the car to pair. However, I can't receive any calls through the car. The phone does show the X5 in the Connections menu.

Also, it seems the X5 and the phone interrmittantly connect and disconnect. Not sure why that's happening.

Is this Bluetooth all it's cracked up to be??????

Please let me have some thoughts on this.

Thanks to all who reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
n00b

askotlen is an unknown quantity at this point
check the software version on the phone. If you have .........03.8f or something like that you need to have a verizon store flash the phone with the .......04.OR update. I have a 2005 X3 with the software update and it is working fine.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:28 PM
n00b

tomsawyer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks, you were right. My phone had the old software. I went to the Verizon store and they uploaded the 4.0 software. Now the bluetooth is working fine.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 10:30 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
This is good info. Thanks askotlen for posting this. Im sure it will help other members too.
DT

DT

#5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 PM
n00b

Michaelhope is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had totally mediocre results from my bluetooth set up here inn Toronto. I have the sony ericsson 616. I get incredible crackle and basically poor sound connection issues when the phone is not plugged into the centre console. I have 2 of the same phone. This phone was one of 3 choices I had when I bouught the car/kit. People say they can barely understand me unless I'm plugged into the console. Now, I NEVER use the phone when I'm not hardwired. Bluetooth just doesn't seem to be ready for city use.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
n00b

IXLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 645Ci convertable with a Nokia 3660.It does very weird things that I think are a function of the BMW, and not of the Phone. It "decides" when it wants to connect or not. when it is connected it works fine. It sometimes gives me the "connected" display, but it does not connect. Anything short of a reboot of either the phone or the car computer will not make it connect.It is a great feature when its working, which is 80% of the time. But I expect more out of BMW AND Nokia. By the way, the I entire I-DRIVE system has issues. I think they need to strip more layers away, and make it more basic. it is way too complicated and not at all intuitive. My Lexus LX-470 has a touch screen navigation display that is FLAWLESS. ARE YOU LISTENING BMW?
#7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM
n00b

sexSpaceTV.vom is on a distinguished road
I have a 645Ci convertable with cingular 8125 some optin. dont work
any advice?

sexSpaceTV.com
#8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Date dude thx a load

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper