BMW Werkz banner

when struts go out do they make tha car squik all tha time ???

• help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • please

Votes: 0 0.0%

1998 bmw 740il WONT START HELP ME PLEASE

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  marti5 
#1 · (Edited)
i need help please..i needed a new tranny in car so i disconnected battery to fix car ,after new tranny was put in and everything was hooked up , i connected the battery and tryied to start it and it wont start.i think it could be the alarm stopping it how do i reset it or fix this problem ..thank you for your time .....

#2 ·
Have you remembered to plug the crankshaft sensor back on the side if the gearbox bell housing ? do you have a spark ?

#3 ·
marti

thanks for feed back ... it was the moduall went out ,thats why it wouldnt start had to take it to tha dealer to fix...cost 850 dollas im good now,but i have a squik sounds like tha struts or shocks hella annoying ,,,? is that what it is ...only makes noise when driveing???

#5 ·
my car is makeing a sqeeking is that the struts or shocks ? has this happen to anyone what do i do ?
Try rocking the car from the outside using your body weight. See if you can isolate the noise to a specific corner of the car. At least then you can work to find the source of the noise without being distracted by driving.

#7 ·
Ive have that on mine at the moment, it will be a joint dried out basicallly, it will need replacing at some point, I would also jack the rear end up and check your springs are ok, they are known to break on the E38.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.