1995 740iL - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2003, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mikedt4564 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey E38 owners, I currently own a BMW 1995 740iL. I have done the following mods: Updated tail lights, clear corner and side lights. I am looking to do more mods, such as a chrome grill, the chrome trunk lid, a back antenna. I am also looking for suggestions to do to the 740 that will make it look sweet. It just got a brand new paint job, so the ride looks hot. Any suggestions would be great.

Also can any of you recommend a place that I can purchase these items?

I am also wondering if any of you owners have a problem playing burned CD's. Everyone cd works fine in my CD player except for CD-R's.

I appreciate it, and hope to hear from you all.

Thanks
mikedt4564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2003, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
our family has a 1995 740i. and weve done stuff to it as well. yes the crystal tailights makes it much better. we recently got hit on it and we replaced the front end to the faced lifted (2001+) front end with the new headlights new clear corners and new fenders. if you have the money, i strongly recommend gettin the front end lifed. all pieces are direct bolt on, fenders, lights, grill, clear corners etc. umm yeah the new chrome grill would look nice too. you gotta have new rims (unless you have the M parallel rims) tint your windows maybe, we did and it looks 10x better

you may want to change your window trim to the shadow line version. We have yet to do this and we will do it soon. It is basically replacing the chrome window trim to a gloss black one. by doing this, it creates the illusion of your car being shorter and makes it more beefier. all *sport* and M models have the shadow line trims.

umm there are countless OEM interior mods you can do. like special woods, rear tables, foot rests, steering wheels, headliners etc.

maybe painting the side moldings from dull plastic, to body color...

hmm other than that, all I can come up with are aftermarket items. Hamann has a very nice front/rear bumper which is prob the best bumpers for the E38 7 ive seen. it is molded to match the E39 M5 front/rear bumper, with the classic front 3 air ducts (engine, and two brakes).

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
no problems with our cd player, plays all

places? umm www.bavauto.com has alot, but prices are close to retail
www.circlebmw.com, great place to get OEM parts
www.renn-sport.net has all your aftermarket parts at awesome prices

Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks for the reply. Any idea on what I should do the CD player then? And also, can you post pictures of you 740 so I can have an exact idea of what you are talking about? You've been a great help.
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-p9270016.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
2nd pic...sorry, I dont know how to upload
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-p9270017.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
last one, promise
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-p9270018.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
After seeing these pics, any recommendations that can be done?
Old 09-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
we just got the car back from the shop from the hit, so i dont have many pics of the new styled front but this is what i got:

this is the diff of the front, the top is the 1995 front end, the bottom is what we got from the shop after the hit with the facelift
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-ba.jpg  

Old 09-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
heres another shot
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-test2.jpg  

Old 09-26-2003, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
heres a pic of the shadow line trim: notice around the windows is black not chrome (the pic also has teh facelifted front:
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-232372_9_full.jpe  

Old 09-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
heres the hamann front: (i the front flippers are not part of the bumper, its an addition, i rather have it off)
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-hamann_e38_front.jpg  

Old 09-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
hamann front 2
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-hamann_e38_front2.jpg  

Old 09-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
hamann back
Attached Thumbnails
1995 740iL-hamann_e38_back.jpg  

Old 09-26-2003, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
i think the next thing you need is rims, you def need rims on your 7

Old 09-26-2003, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
DAMN your 7 looks SWEET! It looks just like an 01...DAMN that thing is fly. How much did it cost to get the whole new front?

The quad exhaust, is that part of the hamann kit? Mind if i ask how much the kit was also?

Also, what type of rims do you have? I love the chrome lip and black, looks sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper