BMW Werkz banner

1995 740iL

16K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  woobiee 
#1 ·
Hey E38 owners, I currently own a BMW 1995 740iL. I have done the following mods: Updated tail lights, clear corner and side lights. I am looking to do more mods, such as a chrome grill, the chrome trunk lid, a back antenna. I am also looking for suggestions to do to the 740 that will make it look sweet. It just got a brand new paint job, so the ride looks hot. Any suggestions would be great.

Also can any of you recommend a place that I can purchase these items?

I am also wondering if any of you owners have a problem playing burned CD's. Everyone cd works fine in my CD player except for CD-R's.

I appreciate it, and hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

#2 ·
our family has a 1995 740i. and weve done stuff to it as well. yes the crystal tailights makes it much better. we recently got hit on it and we replaced the front end to the faced lifted (2001+) front end with the new headlights new clear corners and new fenders. if you have the money, i strongly recommend gettin the front end lifed. all pieces are direct bolt on, fenders, lights, grill, clear corners etc. umm yeah the new chrome grill would look nice too. you gotta have new rims (unless you have the M parallel rims) tint your windows maybe, we did and it looks 10x better

you may want to change your window trim to the shadow line version. We have yet to do this and we will do it soon. It is basically replacing the chrome window trim to a gloss black one. by doing this, it creates the illusion of your car being shorter and makes it more beefier. all *sport* and M models have the shadow line trims.

umm there are countless OEM interior mods you can do. like special woods, rear tables, foot rests, steering wheels, headliners etc.

maybe painting the side moldings from dull plastic, to body color...

hmm other than that, all I can come up with are aftermarket items. Hamann has a very nice front/rear bumper which is prob the best bumpers for the E38 7 ive seen. it is molded to match the E39 M5 front/rear bumper, with the classic front 3 air ducts (engine, and two brakes).

#15 ·
DAMN your 7 looks SWEET! It looks just like an 01...DAMN that thing is fly. How much did it cost to get the whole new front?

The quad exhaust, is that part of the hamann kit? Mind if i ask how much the kit was also?

Also, what type of rims do you have? I love the chrome lip and black, looks sweet.

#16 ·
LOL nono, thats not our car LOL...the first three pics is our 7, the rest are other ppls. the other pics are just examples of what im talking about. i dunno what exhaust that is, but we are planning on ac schnitzer exhaust. we have the standard rims like what you have. we are looking for ac schnitzer rims now for it

wheelpower.com is the authorized hamann dealer in the US and i asked them how much it would be, i believe they said it was like $1000 for the front.

#19 ·
the main parts needed for the facelifted front are as follows:

-left headlight assembly (new version)
-right headlight assembly (new version)
-left fender (new version)
-right fender (new version)
-left turn signal (new version, orange, orange/clear, or clear)
-right turn signal (new version, orange, orange/clear, or clear)
-New grill (optional)

there are a few other small pieces needed, like strips and nuts/bolts etc, which is basically pocket money

like i said, they were direct bolton...meaning what you do is unbolt the fenders and rebolt the new one on, etc.

when we got hit, i researched and found that the new part vs old part were identical, that is why we got the facelifed done, cuz it was the same price if we were going to replace it with the '95 parts.

if i recall, the fenders were about $200-300 each, the headlights were about $300-400 each, turn signals were like $30 bucks each, we "had" a new grill on prior to the hit, but they didnt replace that, that was like $60 for both grill L/R.

shadowline window trim is $400+

#20 ·
o btw, some ppl who want the new front but do not want to pay all that; there is a DIY on how to do it without buying all that...

what it was, you buy the new headlights and clear corners. the reason why you need the new fenders is because the old fenders do not wrap around the front. The new one do, you can see a little piece of the fender from the front underneath the new clear corner. As a result, the new clear corner is shorter (as you can see in the pic). If you put the new headlights/clear corners on with the old fenders, you will have a small gap between the clear corner and the bumper. Now the DIY ppl found ways to fill that gap. Some ppl went to the body shop and got someone to weld a metal piece, or remolded the front a bit. Some got the original clear corner, cut the bottom off to match the gap and painted it body color. If you are not a DIY person, just get the new fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.