BMW Werkz banner

1994 740i Door Locks

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  EXtech 
#1 ·
My power door locks work fine from the remote and when you use the key in the doors. However when you are in the car and manually push down the driver's door lock/plunger, all locks are supposed to close. Only the driver's lock closes. All other locks must be closed manually. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 ·
Originally posted by agsiegel@Jul 3 2003, 06:33 PM
My power door locks work fine from the remote and when you use the key in the doors. However when you are in the car and manually push down the driver's door lock/plunger, all locks are supposed to close. Only the driver's lock closes. All other locks must be closed manually. Any ideas? Thanks!
Hi first welcome to the Forums. its good to see more 7 series owners aboard, now sounds to me like a relay might be malfuntioning. is there any mechanical or electrical noises when you engage the drivers lock? also maybe check behind the door skin. your looking for serious corrosion. failing all that take it to the mechanic. it doesnt sound like an expensive fix, but just in case get an estimate first.

#4 ·
if you use the key in the driver's door, does it lock all others?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.