BMW Werkz banner

1985 635csi speedo cable

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  marti5 
#1 ·
Once again I'm posting for my friend about his car, just wondering how hard it is to change out the speedometer cable because his dad told him thAt's most likelly why his speedo dosnt work. How much are new cables and the time it would take to put it in?

#2 ·
There is no speedo cable. Probably down to the speed sensor or the capacitors in the cluster

#3 ·
Really?

There's no actual cable haha well not to used to that set up I wonder how it works without an actual cable, so you think it's something electrical or internally with the guage cluster?

#4 ·
It takes an electronic pulse reading via a sensor in either a rear wheel, diff or gearbox Im not that up on info for the 633csi,but I do know they dont have a speedo cable and I know a few other bits of info but not indepth, do a google search Im sure you will come up with answers you need, there's bound to be a 633csi forum somewhere on the planet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.