135i vs G35/G37 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beancooker is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
135i vs G35/G37

Since you don't have a 1-series forum, I figured this would be the next best place to put this.

Would any of you bimmerguys like to join the debate?

135i vs G35/g37 thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
To be honest...I don't see much of a comparison. The 135 has a different purpose. If it's pure speed stock for stock we're talking about, the 135 definitely wins.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
^ 135 > G35 period..... the g35 is meh at best in stock looks...

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
G35/G37 is ftw. In fact, it is one of teh cars I would consider instead of getting a new 3 Series. BMW knows that they have been taking some of their market share. Nissan is still the best Japanese manufacturer when it comes to building sportiness into their cars (see new GT-R).

As the prof said, however, the comparison is not a very valid one. The main similarity is cost. These are products aimed at a different types of consumers.

#5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
I will further add that despite the decent power of the G35/7 and the high level of satisfaction enjoyed by the people I know who have an Infinity, I cannot IMAGINE comparing a 135i (or a 335i for that matter) to a G35/7. A BMW has an entirely different feel and personality than the Infinity, and, contrary to my generally lukewarm feelings towards teh new 1 series, what I find absolutely incredible is the polar opposite feelings about the looks and intangibles of the Infinity cars versus what is expressed here in teh Werkz! The engine in teh 335, 535 and now 135 is one of the most talked about in a long while as to tuning possibilities (eg removing teh 2 small turbos and putting in one BIG one, etc, etc.), and has enthusiasts very excited. It blows my mind to read people's opinions that are sooo different than ours! I happen to like Infinity cars for quality, etc., but a BMW is just MAGIC and in a completely different class...

ONCE AGAIN AND WITH FEELING -

"You have your fun with the Italians and the Asians, but you MARRY a GERMAN [BABY! )"

Bimmers FTMFW!!!!!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 09:15 PM

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
hell yeah^

I am Captain Obvious
#7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
I will further add that despite the decent power of the G35/7 and the high level of satisfaction enjoyed by the people I know who have an Infinity, I cannot IMAGINE comparing a 135i (or a 335i for that matter) to a G35/7. A BMW has an entirely different feel and personality than the Infinity, and, contrary to my generally lukewarm feelings towards teh new 1 series, what I find absolutely incredible is the polar opposite feelings about the looks and intangibles of the Infinity cars versus what is expressed here in teh Werkz! The engine in teh 335, 535 and now 135 is one of the most talked about in a long while as to tuning possibilities (eg removing teh 2 small turbos and putting in one BIG one, etc, etc.), and has enthusiasts very excited. It blows my mind to read people's opinions that are sooo different than ours! I happen to like Infinity cars for quality, etc., but a BMW is just MAGIC and in a completely different class...

ONCE AGAIN AND WITH FEELING -

"You have your fun with the Italians and the Asians, but you MARRY a GERMAN [BABY! )"

Bimmers FTMFW!!!!!
+111

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
RM how does your wife feel about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
^^^^and don't think I didn't get shit over that since teh beginning! And she was actually standing there when it was first said and reacted then, but once we clarified the (primarily ) car context, her love of Bimmers toolk over just long enough for me to change teh subject!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 01:07 PM

^ nice move lol RM your getting alot of +1's lol

I am Captain Obvious
#11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
I lost alot of respect for g35's recently.

Was on route 78 headed to work when one of these things started riding my ass and cutting cars behind me... i floored it and he put his tail between his legs after the first mile.

Note: if my heavy ass 5 series can walk you on the highway, your car is slow.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
#12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Which 5er do you have, again?

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Neutral Member

pinnaclebass is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pinnaclebass Send a message via Yahoo to pinnaclebass
most g35 drivers are horrible anyway. <<dont know how to drive.
id take a 135 over a g35 any day. g35<<uncomfortable, no style inside and not a comfy ride. totally not a drivers car. sounds ok and girls look pretty in them only upsides.
#14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
G35's are heavy

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Neutral Member

pinnaclebass is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pinnaclebass Send a message via Yahoo to pinnaclebass
3100 lbs vs 3500 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper