BMW Werkz banner

front end alignment???

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dirty_Tool 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 740il with 89,000 miles on it, have been noticing tire wear on outside edge of r/front tire. Had a mechanic put it on 4 wheel alignment and I have 5 degree of positive camber, causing the excessive wear, he looked and manuals show no adjustment for this front end with the sport suspension group.

Anyone have this happen before and what can I do to fix it????

Tknesek(themortgageman)
:idea2

#2 ·
ya 5 degress pos camber is a prob. I would suspect a bent component like possibly the strut housing or something. If your mechanic doesnt specialize in BMW's then maybe take it to a BMW specialty shop or a body shop who can inspect the steering and suspension components for either major wear or something bent. Also MAKE SURE that whoever is doing the alignment is weighting the car down with sandbags. BMW alignments are done weighted. There is a spec for how much weight and what the ride height should be after the weight is in. If this is not done then you can be sure the alignment was set incorrectly and this directly effects the camber spec! good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.