BMW Werkz banner

'06 750li - Bluetooth And Ipod

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BMWLotAttendant 
#1 ·
Just picked up my new 750Li...very happy with all features EXCEPT - the bluetooth phone. I have a brand new Verizon Motorola V710. I've got it to connect - now and then - Often, it quickly kicks me off.
Also, does anyone know if I can get my iPod hooked up? The BMW web-site says the 750 Li MP3 compatible...I see no cables or mention of it in the manual. When I ask the dealership about it, the just scratch their head..."ALL NEW TO US"

#2 ·
Try starting a search with the car's bluetooth. Then go to Settings | Connection | Bluetooth Link | Handsfree on the V710, searching for the car's bluetooth through your phone. Once it reads as Connected on the phone, quit out of the search on the car. Seems confusing, but this is the only way to get the car and phone to stay paired.

Oh and voice dialing does work with car. You have to store them manually through the car's voice dialing system. Check the manual.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info...I guess I am having trouble initiating the search from the car... Would that be under settings on the I-Drive? I can click to activate the bluetooth, but that does nothing. Is there any other button to push? The phone has no problem searching for a bluetooth connection, the car doesn't seem to offer one.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

#5 ·
I've had success logging it on through the I-Drive previously, even used it a couple of times, my problem is that the car doesn't log on every time...only 1 out of every 5 approx. It's not consistent. The phone book is up, I have received and made calls in the past, but it is finicky.
I have an appointment with the dealer. We'll try it there. Thanks for all your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.